Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I set this shot up about a month ago, just to play with lights and setups. The clay pigeons are resting on elevated glass. I was trying to archive a floating appearance. I haven't invested in any 'real' photography lights. Instead I found a few cheap (6.95 each) adjustable work lights at the local farm supply store. I mounted 1 of the fixtures with a 60 watt incandescent bulb low and behind the setup. I then placed 2 more fixtures with 200 watt bulbs above and tested different angles. I also used large pieces of white poster board to bounce light into the shadows. I have no idea if any of this is the 'right' way to do things, but I kinda liked the results, especially for the first time I experimented with this. Any thoughts or ideas you have that might make things easier and/or provide better results would greatly be appreciated!



Photo © by Allen Murray

1 Comments:

Blogger Bryon Houlgrave said...

Sometimes we need to be innovative and use the tools we have available. I've yet to purchase studio lighting. I've only shot available light, unless I trick out my speedlite (which happens a lot).

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home