Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Stormy Night

I was watching the thunderstorm move in and it occurred to me that I have never tried my hand at shooting lightening before. The rain was starting to come down pretty hard and I didn’t really want to subject my camera to the rain. (I heard something once about electronics and water, and how they shouldn’t mix.) I ended up propping the door open and pulling up my desk chair, keeping my finger on the shutter release. Beginner’s luck I am sure, but I actually I managed to capture the first bolt after I got set up. At first I wasn’t real happy with the shot, but the more I looked at it the better it seemed to get. Well, I waited for a while longer (I am not real patient) and most of the “good” lightening was occurring in ever area of the sky except where my view was limited by my dry seat. I figured living in Iowa will undoubtedly provide many more opportunities at photographing lightening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Maria's Photos said...

I think your photo of lighting is fantastic! The dark areas lead you right into the purple sky and the lightning bolt. It's extremely dramatic, and you should be proud.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Allen Murray said...

Jake, yes that is the actual color. No photoshop. :)

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home