Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Dirty Canada Goose

A dirty Canada goose. Not the most original photograph in the world. A good friend talked me into riding along with her to Mason City where she attends school at NIACC. She had two classes lasting two hours. Winter weather in Iowa seems to leave significantly less photo opportunities and I've been having a hard time coming up with new and exciting things to shoot while just out and about. I figured a couple hours alone with my camera would be productive and decided maybe a trip to East Park would spark my creativity. I was wrong. I could not get into the mood to shoot and could seem to only focus on the fact that everything was muted colors of browns and grays, or covered in sand and dirt. A few 'not so great' photos were the results of my (lack of ) effort.

I did enjoy the warm weather and the peacefulness of the park that morning. In hindsight, I have actually thought of several photos that could have been. We will see what happens next time.

After a winter of very little snow fall, I woke up today with a decent dusting of snow on the ground and more white stuff falling pretty heavy. I have had my eye on a old dilapidated barn not too far from here and with this falling snow, I may just find my creativity.


Photo © by Allen Murray


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home